Summary: This position is responsible for assisting the Head Gardener/Horticulturist in maintaining and improving the landscaping and grounds at Willows Lodge and includes the maintenance and minor repair of grounds equipment, and other associated tasks to maintain a safe and attractive environment. This position is part-time, 3- 8 hour
weekdays. Willows Lodge landscape maintenance rests on a foundation of sustainability, using IPM protocols and bio-rational management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· 1+ years’ experience in horticulture, landscape maintenance or as a commercial gardener, General knowledge of NW plants
· Strength--able to lift 40# repeatedly in the course of a day
· Physically capable of repeatedly--wheel barrowing, shoveling, hauling, bending, weeding, composting, raking, hoeing, holding weight over head for extended periods, etc.
· Ability to safely operate grounds-keeping equipment i.e. mower, blower, hedger, incidental to performance of duties
· Understanding or desire to learn IPM, biological soil and plant management helpful
· Detail oriented
· Ability to interact with staff and public in courteous & professional manner
· Carry a current driver’s license
· High school education/GED certificate
· Ability to physically work outside in all weather
· Hauling and heavy lifting
· Weed containment and raking
· Hedging and shearing
· Mowing & edging lawns
· Seasonal pond cleaning
· Maintain equipment, tools and garden vehicles
· Plant material removal and replacement
· Hardscape maintenance (i.e. pressure wash & blow)
· Pick up litter
· Maintain records of work performed
· Maintain gravel pathways
Must be reliable, possess the ability to take initiative, work alone or as a team. And, most importantly have a great attitude!
Qualified and interested candidates may fax resumes to (425) 424-2842 or stop by the front desk of the Willows Lodge to complete an employment application.
The street address of the Willows Lodge is 14580 NE 145th St, Woodinville, WA 98072.
Questions and inquiries may be directed to Sara Fetters in HR by calling (425) 424-2597.