The primary responsibility of this Temporary Weekend Sales Representative role is to provide in-store lawn and garden expertise to promote sales of a specific product line at Home Centers in King County area. Incumbent will also build relationships with store personnel for the duration of the program.
This position requires working 5 hours each Saturday for a 10 week period, with a start date in April 2014. The location of this position will be communicated to you prior to your start date.
The representative will:
- Promote the sales of lawn & garden products
- Provide lawn and garden expertise to consumers
- Ensure understanding of proper usage of product based on label instructions
- Build and maintain relationships with key store personnel
- Coordinate with co-workers and store personnel to maintain inventory levels on racks, shelves and displays. Straighten and dust products as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to consumers and store personnel
- Demonstrated lawn and garden knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Ability to stand comfortably for five (5) consecutive hours
- Ability to work a flexible schedule – weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated good organization and planning skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills
- Access to the Internet/Email and Cellular phone
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Trained in lawn & garden techniques (ex. Horticulture training, Master Gardener certification, related education) or equivalent level of lawn & garden expertise
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of sales or retail work experience
- Lawn and Garden chemicals knowledge
- Previous Home Center consumer product merchandising work experience
- Previous lawn care and/or pest control work experience
with your name, address including city and county you live in, and your phone number.
This position will be offered through Belcan TechServices, an equal opportunity employer.