Minimum Salary: $16.59 per hour
Maximum Salary: $22.89 per hour
Employment Type: Temporary
Department: Parks & Community Services
Open until filled.
(Open to current employees and the general public.)
The Streetscape Irrigation Aide will work as a member of the Natural Resource Division Street Tree Program/Water Conservation Program. The position will work closely with and will report to the Irrigation Lead Worker. The primary workload involves irrigation system repair and maintenance, site renovation, irrigation system start up, and maintenance of the City’s downtown street tree grates.
This position will perform a variety of manual labor tasks, assisting fully-trained personnel to repair, maintain, operate, and install irrigation systems in the Right-of-Way. Work consists of routine and repetitive tasks, processes, and/or operations, to be completed in a manner that assures individual, co-worker, and public safety in all weather and working conditions. The City will provide a vehicle and the necessary tools.
Maintenance Aide II positions require prior experience in related field(s). Employee will receive direct supervision while on the job site in most cases or the employee may work independently on the basis of clear instructions.
- Performance of irrigation system inspections, troubleshooting, program adjustments and minor repairs. Monitor progress and inspect repairs by contracted services.
- Irrigation system evaluation, documentation, assisting Tech. in repairs and new installations.
- Small scale Streetscape planting projects assistance.
- Assist with Streetscape maintenance and tree grate maintenance as needed.
- Assist with hand watering as needed.
- Installations of temporary irrigation systems when instructed.
- Work safely with landscape tools and equipment in the Right-of-Way.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or a GED equivalent required.
- Required to possess a valid Washington driver’s license by date of hire. Must have and maintain a good driving record according to City standards. Current original drivers abstract required at time of interview.
- One year experience in landscape irrigation system installation, maintenance, or repair.
- Experience using landscape tools and basic knowledge of safe working practices.
- Basic computer skills using Word and Excel.
- Criminal History check required on all applicants.
- One year experience in landscape irrigation controller programming desirable.
- Experience in landscape maintenance, tree and plant identification desirable.
- Good written and oral communication skills desirable.
TO SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION & DETAILS VISIT WEBSITE https://apply.govjobstoday.com//JobAnnouncement.aspx?jid=2931