The primary responsibility of this Temporary, Weekend Sales Representative role is to provide in-store lawn and garden expertise and promote sales of a specific product line at Home & Garden Centers within an assigned territory. Incumbent will also build relationships with store personnel for the duration of the program. Weekend Warriors will work five (5) hour shifts each Saturday for 10 weeks.
The pay rate is $18.00/hour.
The incumbent will:
- Provide lawn and garden expertise
- Promote sales of products as directed
- Build and maintain relationships with key store personnel
- Work with store personnel to maintain displays and appropriate product level on racks, shelves and displays
- Provide excellent customer service to consumers and store personnel
- Demonstrated lawn and garden knowledge
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Ability to stand comfortably for five (5) consecutive hours
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule – weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated good customer service skills
- Demonstrated good organization and planning skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills
- Access to the Internet/Email and Cellular phone
- Master Gardner expertise
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of sales or retail work experience
- Lawn and Garden chemicals knowledge
- Previous Home Center consumer product merchandising work
- Previous lawn care and/or pest control work experience
Send a brief description of your lawn & garden experience and qualifications
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the following information:
- County (address & county information allows us to locate
a store nearest you with available Weekend Warrior position)
- Phone Number (contact you for phone interview)
- Description of your lawn and garden experience
Once we receive information, we will contact candidate for an interview.
Belcan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.