Processor Job Description
Job Summary: The Processor is responsible for processing and pricing a wide range of merchandise, and for completing all associated paperwork with little to no errors. The Processor assists with all of the functions associated with Receiving in order to expedite the rapid and efficient flow of product to the sales floor.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate, open, unpack, inspect for quality, sort, count, ticket (price), divide, repack, and label orders of merchandise.
- Complete limited assembly and initial watering of ordered merchandise as needed.
- Insure accuracy of counts and associated documents to maintain inventory integrity.
- Conduct detailed comparison (line by line) between packing slip and PO Receipt document.
- Report any defective, diseased, broken, and non-saleable merchandise (Trouble) by completing appropriate paperwork.
- Assist with Inbound receiving of all merchandise, unloading merchandise from vendor trucks, verifying item, box or pallet counts and inspecting for damages and quality.
- Cross train with Receiving Lead on Outbound and Send Sale shipping procedures.
- Arrive on time, maintain good attendance and be dependable.
- Demonstrate ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- Breakdown and dispose of boxes and packing materials.
- Maintain an organized, efficient, and clean workplace to minimize potential accidents and injuries.
- Build positive team relationships with open, honest and direct communication.
- Live the brand, support the culture, and maintain a high level of energy & enthusiasm.
- Understand and support all department procedures.
- Consistent attendance required.
- Other duties assigned by Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail and accuracy.
- General knowledge of plant identification, common pest recognition and plant quality standards.
- Take direction and stay on task with minimal supervision.
- Available to work extended hours and weekends during seasonal peak times, as needed.
- Possess good written and verbal skills.
- Capable of obtaining a Forklift Operator Certification within 90 days of employment.
- Operate a forklift and other machinery such as pallet jacks and electric carts regularly.
- Able to work, standing, walking, bending, moving, or lifting up to 100% of the day.
- Must be able to lift at least 25-50lbs throughout the day and occasionally up to 75lbs. When lifting heavy objects/items, it is expected that the associate will utilize the assistance of other teammates or tools such as hand trucks, pot lifters, and pallet jacks in order to lift items safely.
- Retail processing and/or receiving experience preferred.
- Horticultural knowledge of Puget Sound plants including insects and diseases, preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Outdoor, Warehouse and Greenhouse environments.
- Exposure to extremes of heat and cold and all weather conditions.
- Frequent operation of mechanized equipment.
*Desire to live the brand, support the culture, and maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
Policy: Comply with all company guidelines
This job description is only a summary of typical functions and is not a complete list of possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Other duties as assigned by a manager.
How to Apply:
Go to www.Molbaks.com and click on the Careers link for the full job description requirements. Apply online by clicking on “Apply Now!”