Job Summary: This particular position requires strong horticultural knowledge of Puget Sound Plants and plant diseases. The Processor is responsible for processing and pricing a wide range of merchandise, and for completing all associated paperwork with little to no errors. The Processor assists with all of the functions associated with Receiving in order to expedite the rapid and efficient flow of product to the sales floor.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Locate, open, unpack, inspect for quality, sort, count, ticket (price), divide, repack, and label orders of merchandise.
· Complete limited assembly and initial watering of ordered merchandise as needed.
· Insure accuracy of counts and associated documents to maintain inventory integrity.
· Conduct detailed comparison (line by line) between packing slip and PO Receipt document.
· Report any defective, diseased, broken, and non-saleable merchandise (Trouble) by completing appropriate paperwork.
· Assist with Inbound receiving of all merchandise, unloading merchandise from vendor trucks, verifying item, box or pallet counts and inspecting for damages and quality.
· Cross train with Receiving Lead on Outbound and Send Sale shipping procedures.
· Arrive on time, maintain good attendance and be dependable.
· Demonstrate ownership, accountability, and initiative.
· Breakdown and dispose of boxes and packing materials.
· Maintain an organized, efficient, and clean workplace to minimize potential accidents and injuries.
· Build positive team relationships with open, honest and direct communication.
· Live the brand, support the culture, and maintain a high level of energy & enthusiasm.
· Understand and support all department procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Strong knowledge of plant identification, common pest recognition and plant quality standards.
· Take direction and stay on task with minimal supervision.
· Able to work walking, standing, bending, and lifting over the course of an eight hour workday.
· Available to work extended hours and weekends during seasonal peak times, as needed.
· Able to repeatedly lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 80 pounds.
· Possess good written and verbal skills.
· Capable of obtaining a Forklift Operator Certification within 90 days of employment.
· Operate a forklift and other machinery such as pallet jacks and electric carts regularly.
· strong horticultural knowledge of Puget Sound Plants and plant diseases
· Retail processing and/or receiving experience preferred.
· Strong Horticultural knowledge of Puget Sound plants including insects and diseases, preferred.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Outdoor, Warehouse and Greenhouse environments.
· Exposure to extremes of heat and cold and all weather conditions.
· Frequent operation of mechanized equipment.
Policy: Comply with all company guidelines.
This job description is only a summary of typical functions and is not a complete list of possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Other duties as assigned by a manager.
How to Apply Via Email: Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In-Store: See our Employment Kiosk in the Reception Area near Home and Gift