- Passion and familiarity with perennials, annuals, shrubs and trees. Understand color and design with the ability to set displays in retail garden center throughout the growing seasons.
- Some experience with plant disease diagnosis and plant pests common to the PNW
- Familiar with indoor plants and varieties and care of all plant material.
- Passionate about design, color, neatness and care of all plant material.
- Knows botanical/common names and season of bloom / color/ light and water needs of plants.
- Comfortable working with garden customers and directing them according to their needs.
- Some understanding of lawn and garden power equipment, long and short handled tools, turf care and fertilizer.
- Understands greenhouse watering, lighting, hygiene and air flow.
- Experienced in design and building color container gardens for display and retail sales.
- Two years horticulture training/retail experience preferred.
This position can be 32-40 hours per week/possible non-seasonal work/conditional.
Please reply to email@example.com 425-420-0465(work cell phone)
Duvall True Value Hardware and Garden
15320 Brown Ave.
Duvall, WA 98019 425-788-5487