Merchandise Assistant -Live Goods-
The role of the Merchandise Assistant is to provide administrative, clerical, and organizational support to the Molbak’s buyer group. The Merchandise Assistant is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all new product set up information, price change requests and all buyer pre-work associated with Live Goods orders before they are submitted to data entry. This position requires frequent, detail-oriented communication with buyers and vendors. Additionally the Merchandise Assistant interfaces directly with members of the Live Goods sales team, receiving team, accounting team and marketing / visual team to keep product and information flowing smoothly and accurately. Communication and follow up are keys to success.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain accurate information for new and existing vendors on Purchase Order templates including vendor style numbers, current cost, current retail, trade discounts, UPC codes and product descriptions.
· Update our internal system information related to product attributes and theme identifiers.
· Demonstrate a positive attitude and a willingness to assist co-workers at all levels.
· Adapt to and work effectively with a variety individuals, groups and situations.
· Communicate potential adjustments needed to Buyer in clear concise manner to determine preferred method of resolution.
· Work with Buyers, Data Entry and Sales staff to identify and solve issues throughout the SKU lifecycle.
· Assist buyers in research and preparation of specific product orders to facilitate a timely turn around to data entry.
· Maintain open communication with Receiving department to ensure that orders are being received as ordered by the Buyer and take action to resolve issues in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Good understanding of the basic merchandising process.
· General working knowledge of plant classifications.
· Effective communication skills (both oral and written) with co-workers and outside vendors.
· Strong desire to be part of a Team by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
· High level of typing accuracy and acute attention to detail with a strong ability to prioritize and complete tasks.
· Able to prioritize and juggle many competing tasks to keep everything on track and on schedule.
· Able to resolve issues and unexpected setbacks appropriately using strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated common sense.
· Able to effectively support several buyers at one time – powerful time-management and communication skills.
· Keen ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
· Two or more years experience in an administrative role or other detail-oriented position.
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Comfortable with computers/technology -- able to quickly learn and master new programs.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
Molbak’s retail offices are located at our retail location in Woodinville, WA, which includes a standard office environment as well as an indoor/outdoor retail environment. Some exposure to variations in weather and temperature can be expected. The ability to work sitting, standing and walking for prolonged periods is required.
*Desire to live the brand, support the culture, & maintain a high level of energy & enthusiasm.
Policy: Comply with all company guidelines.
This job description is only a summary of typical functions and is not a complete list of possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Other duties as assigned by a manager.
How to Apply:
Via Email: Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In-Store: See our Employment Kiosk in the Reception Area near Home and Gift