Essential Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Customer Service -- Provides McLendon Hardware's legendary customer service through courteous, efficient, and attentive service in a timely manner. Effectively shares product knowledge and provides direction, as necessary, to meet the needs of customers. Obtains and provides Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for customers, as needed.
2. Product Knowledge -- General knowledge of assigned department's merchandise, including, but not limited to, products carried, location in department, product information and application, location codes, and pricing. Basic familiarity of adjacent departments' merchandise in order to direct and assist customers as needed.
3. Sales -- Creates sales by assisting customers with product selection, suggesting complimentary merchandise, encouraging add-on sales, generating transfers, offering volume discounts with manager approval and producing special orders. Uses established guidelines to accurately price all special orders with assistance as needed. Completes necessary paperwork and input information into Activant system in a timely manner. Regularly follows up on special orders and with customer to confirm satisfaction.
4. Inventory Control -- Reports department inventory concerns, including stock shrinkages, outs and overages to Department Lead and Inventory Specialist. Ensures merchandise reflects current price, price codes and location codes. Communicates inventory issues to Department Lead and/or Management.
5. Stock -- Stocks incoming freight neatly and in appropriate locations. Regularly faces and fronts merchandise within department. Downstocks merchandise as needed to maintain full shelves. Ensures all incoming stock is put away in a timely manner to ensure easy access, safety and loss control.
6. Loss Control -- Uses shoplifting indicators and excellent customer service to deter and prevent shoplifting.
Other Duties: 1.) Writes loading tickets for customers to use when paying for merchandise as needed.
2.) Assists with periodic inventories, as needed.
3.) Maintains a clean, neat and organized department area.
4.) Assists in maintaining department displays as needed.
5.) Answers department phones.
6.) Performs other duties as needed.
Worker Qualifications: - One (1) year hardware experience preferred.
- One (1) year customer service experience preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and lift merchandise up to 50 lbs for the majority of the workday.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must have the ability to read and write English and have basic math skills, including measurement, conversions and determining quantity needed.
- Must be dependable. Due to the nature and responsibilities of this position, dependable regular attendance is required.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
** Saturday and Sunday are our busiest days! YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS AS PART OF A GENERALLY SET SCHEDULE! **
** Stable employment history required. Hardware or retail experience preferred. **
To Submit Your Job Application for the position: Apply Online at: www.mclendons.com/careers
Compensation can include competitive wages, vacation, Team Member purchase discount, medical and dental coverage and other benefits depending on position. And, if you work for a 'big box' or a major retail chain, we encourage you to consider employment with McLendon Hardware -- an Employee-friendly company, "Where People Make the Difference".
McLendon Hardware, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization, committed to building a diverse staff team equipped with the knowledge sets and skills needed to provide Legendary Customer Service to each of our customers.
Thank you for your time.
McLendon Hardware, Inc.
All email sent via the McLendon Hardware Email System is for business use