Seattle Seed Company - Greater Seattle Area
Seeking an energetic and flexible intern for help during our busy season. Approx 20 hrs/week, and we offer a flexible schedule for those in school or with other jobs. Work can start immediately and would likely go through March, with the possibility of
extending into summer if mutually agreed.
Ideal candidate would be interested in organic horticulture/gardening and also have some sales experience.
• Daily tasks like packing seeds, organizing, packaging and shipping orders.
• Help us expand into more retail locations in the greater Seattle area.
• Website/eCommerce help and customer service.
• Working in the test gardens. Planting, caring for and harvesting vegetables.
• Attend festivals/events with owner and help at our booth with sales and outreach. Often falls on weekends. We only do these a few times a year and schedule is known far in advance.
Desired Skills & Experience
• A strong interest in organic lifestyle, vegetables, healthy eating, gardening and sustainability.
• An interest in PR/marketing and social networking is a huge bonus because we
are primarily eCommerce.
• Computer (Mac) knowledge and Google Docs
• Attention to detail and cleanliness when working with organic seeds.
• Professionalism with clients and vendors.
• Fun and easy-going.
At Seattle Seed Company, we are dedicated to offering organic, heirloom and always non-GMO seeds in an effort to promote the general health and sustainability of our communities. The benefits of choosing to grow and consume organic products don’t
end with good nutrition and health, but have a global impact, which is a message we are passionate about spreading. As a strong proponent of supporting local communities and preserving the environment, Seattle Seed Company encourages people to buy locally and to grow their own food when possible. Seattle Seed Co. was founded in March 2010 and is a family-owned and operated business.
Type: Temporary (peak-season)
Functions: PR, Marketing, Sales, General Office
Industries: Consumer Goods, Organic
Please send inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org