Job Summary: The lawn & garden sales associate and stocker team member provides excellent service to our customers, offers friendly, informative, and insightful inspiration, and maintains product stock levels and maintenance on the sales floor. Their goal is to make each customer feel welcome, exceed their expectations upon every visit, and keep shelves, stocked and maintained as directed by their Manager or Lead. The key to success in this role is to utilize and share knowledge of Lawn & Garden products in a selling environment, offer complete solutions to make sure every customer goes home with everything they need to be successful in their gardens and homes, and to maintain a full, abundant, clean and well organized sales floor. Reports to Hard Goods Department Manager and also takes direction from Hard Goods Floor Leads.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide world class customer service in a friendly, proactive manner.
- Sell, Sell, Sell. Whole solutions, cross sales, up sales.
- Acquire and maintain product knowledge on all lines carried in the department.
- Assist in the set up and care of the department merchandising and display areas.
- Receive, unpack and organize back stock of product and supplies, maintaining a neat and orderly work area and maintain these areas
- Offer customers expert advice by referring them to the appropriate resource.
- Follow through and troubleshoot customer concerns and complaints.
- Maintain housekeeping levels to ensure cleanliness and safety standards.
- Support other departments as needed. Assist in cross-merchandising efforts
- Correctly and efficiently use all systems that directly apply to Cashiering (registers, radios, phones, paging).
- Assist customers with their purchases. Provide outstanding customer service.
- Build positive team relationships.
- Be an open, honest, and direct communicator.
- Demonstrate ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- Assist with implementing and following through of timely physical inventories.
- Assist with scheduled inventories and other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Communicating actively and in a timely manner with all relevant personnel.
- Coordinating with other departments when needed.
- Assist with training of other members of the department.
- Monitoring appropriate records such as stock transfer records, sales reports, production records, holiday reports and special orders.
- Attending applicable meetings as requested to communicate relevant information, strategy and new ideas.
- Mailing information in a timely manner to customers.
- Schedule deliveries and coordinate with drivers.
- Assist with scheduled inventories and other duties as assigned by the manager
- Accurately complete all required records and other related paperwork
- Consistent attendance required.
- Other duties assigned by Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provide accurate information regarding prices, specials, discounts, and other selling
- Ability to quickly and creatively problem-solve while maintaining a calm and friendly
- Proven ability to operate a cash register and/or other transaction machinery.
- Proven customer service skills in a retail environment.
- Ability to count and secure cash, receipts, coupons, and other transaction artifacts.
- Quickly and creatively problem-solve while maintaining a calm and friendly
- Ability to handle a large number of customers every day.
- Training or experience with providing outstanding customer service to the public.
- Experience on a POS system preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Able to work inside and outside with exposure to extremes of weather & temperature.
- Lifting requirements 25lbs throughout the day and occasionally up to 50lbs.
- Able to work standing, walking, bending, moving, or lifting up to 100% of the day.
*Desire to live the brand, support the culture, & maintain a high level of energy & enthusiasm.
Policy: Comply with all company guidelines.
This job description is only a summary of typical functions and is not a complete list of possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Other duties as assigned by a manager.
How to Apply:
Go to www.Molbaks.com and click on the Careers link for the full job description requirements. Apply online by clicking on “Apply Now!”