Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8a -5p
Hours per Week: 40
Benefits: Benefits available 30 days after start date
Employment Start Date: ASAP
Job Description: The Landscaping/ Irrigation Project Manager will manage landscaping projects on commercial and residential construction sites from beginning to end, ensuring that projects are completed within time and under budgetary constraints. The responsibility of the Landscaping Manager is to plan and coordinate all aspects of the Landscaping processes, confer with supervisor(s) to monitor landscaping progress, including hiring contractors, working with engineers, architects and vendors, worker productivity and compliance with safety codes. The Landscaping Project Manager controls the time, cost and quality of landscaping projects. The Landscaping Project Manager must also resolve problems that arise due to inclement weather, emergencies or other issues that may cause project delays. The Landscape Project Manager will have extensive knowledge of full landscape design and installation, erosion control, hydro seeding, landscape maintenance (mowing, trimming, edging, yard clean-up), aerating, thatching, fertilizing, irrigation and misting systems, outdoor lighting, pest control, shrub and tree trimming, hardscape installation and lawn renovations. The Landscaping Project Manager will supervise, train and assist work crews, manage various projects and deal directly with clients. Administrative duties are in an office setting.
The responsibilities of a Landscaping/Irrigation Project Manager include but are not limited to:
• Develop a customer base
• Manage, instruct, and mentor the subordinate supervisor(s) responsible for work operations
• Train workers in tasks such as transplanting and pruning trees and shrubs, finishing cement, using professional grade lawn care equipment.
• Monitor project activities to ensure that instructions are followed, deadlines are met, and schedules are maintained.
• Establish and enforce operating procedures and safe work standards that will ensure adequate performance and personnel safety
• Process the ordering and acquisition of irrigation and sprinkler system components to ensure the designed operation is achieved
• Inspect completed work to ensure conformance to specifications, standards, and contract requirements.
• Interpret schematics and blueprints for landscaping and irrigation for new projects and renovations.
• Direct installation and troubleshoot automatic sprinkler and irrigation control systems to meet industry standards
• Manage current or prospective customers regarding methods, materials, and/or bids. Manage the preparation of service estimates based on labor, material, and machine costs and maintain budgets for individual projects.
• Oversee personnel-related activities, such as hiring workers, evaluating staff performance, or taking disciplinary actions when performance problems occur
• Investigate work-related complaints to verify problems and to determine responses. Tour grounds to inspect conditions of plants and soil.
• Manage the removal of roadside debris buildup and regrading of side slopes when required
• Inspect completed work to ensure conformance to specifications, standards, and contract requirements
• All other duties assigned
Qualifications Required: • 5-7 years of experience with projects such road improvement projects, landscaping (design) and 2 years for new construction/developments required.
• 1-2 years supervisory and training experience also required
a. Ability to bid projects based on productive rates
b. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics relating to landscape design and irrigation.
c. Good knowledge of sprinkler system layout and design
d. Budget preparation and control experience
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning
• Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
• Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics relating to landscape and irrigation design
• Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures.
• Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations, and corporate rules
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
• Environment: field, shop and office environments; work in confined spaces; work around heavy construction equipment; exposure to noise, dust, fumes, gases, grease, moving vehicles, computer screens and inclement weather conditions.
• Physical: Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, standing and walking for prolonged periods of time; light to moderate lifting and carrying; operating motorized vehicles and equipment.
• Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents and to operate equipment.
• Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Qualifications Preferred: CPH preferred, Pesticide Application License REQUIRED Application Instructions: Please send resume to: Jennifer.Gulley@Hughesgroup.biz Online Application Address: http://hughesgroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/