Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce, stock, maintain and track Custom Container Designs for both indoor and outdoor plants.
- Efficiently follow design “recipes” and planting process guidelines to produce planted containers for outdoors and indoors
- Meet established production goals for custom and standard designs, including seasonal arrangements and work to drive increased business and sales through department.
- Anticipate significant “gifting” holidays and plant ahead to prepare for grab-n-go sales opportunities. Focus on growing sales in every category.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, timely follow-thru and great attention to detail.
- Efficiently stock and merchandise design tables and displays, water and maintain plants, perform general cleaning duties and special projects as directed by Design team.
- Accurately record, review and route stock transfer records and production records. Complete required paperwork promptly.
- Receive, unpack and organize back stock of product and supplies, maintaining a neat and well-organized work area.
- Assist with sales and stocking product on the floor; assist with merchandise displays and other related tasks as necessary (sweep, dust, water, pinch back, deadhead, refresh).
- Respond to pages, phones & radio calls promptly and politely, while adhering to proper communication etiquette.
- Requires flexibility and the ability to work independently to achieve the assigned goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the principles and elements of design – commitment to continued growth and education.
- Eager to learn and master new skills; high personal standards for quality and service.
- Able to balance creativity and accuracy in a fast-paced, high-productivity environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team to get the job done.
- Able to prioritize tasks and adjust pace in response to shifting work-related demands.
- Able to represent Molbak’s in a professional manner in both individual and group settings.
- Able to work standing, bending, walking and lifting for an entire shift; able to repeatedly lift and move up to 30 lbs
- Prior experience in container / plant design, production and sales.
- Broad and deep knowledge of plants (both indoor and outdoor plants) and their environmental needs specific to the Northwest is required.
- Coursework, certificate or degree in horticultural design is preferred.
- Previous plant and retail sales experience.
- Able to work in extreme temperatures and all weather conditions.
- Retail horticultural / production environment in greenhouse facility.
- On site and off site outdoor planting in open weather conditions.
- Able to work standing, walking bending, moving, or lifting up to 30 lbs repeatedly throughout an entire shift.
Policy: Comply with all company guidelines
This job description is only a summary of typical functions and is not a complete list of possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Other duties as assigned by a manager.
How to Apply:
Go to www.Molbaks.com and click on the Careers link for the full job description requirements. Apply online by clicking on “Apply Now!”