Molbak’s is revamping our approach to Landscape and Garden Design Services and we are looking for a motivated, organized, experienced self-starter to lead and grow this exciting new business.
The Landscape/Garden Design Manager is responsible for developing business plans and managing all aspects of implementation to maximize efficiency, productivity and (most importantly) customer satisfaction. In this newly defined position, the Manager will help to define and structure Molbak’s initial service offerings.
The Landscape/Garden Design Manager leads the Molbak’s landscape design department, is a key member of the leadership team, and reports to the C.O.O.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute plan to increase high-value customer service offerings that appeal to customers and enhance the Molbak’s brand.
- Continue to refine and evolve service offerings to exceed customer expectations and expand the business. This is a high growth opportunity.
- Generate proposals and work through bid processes with customers.
- Provide excellent customer service. Set and monitor quality control standards.
- Establish department labor and expense budgets. Schedule and actively manage labor hours to maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness and to maintain planned labor-to-sales ratio.
- Manage, develop and grow team as needed to meet growing business needs.
- Oversee training for new and existing employees ensuring that each employee has the tools they need to do their specific role and building in basic cross-training to ensure organizational flexibility
- Communicate with team to ensure they are meeting weekly sales goals and priorities, and are able to get the work done while maintaining the condition of designated sales areas.
- Communicate and coordinate with department buyers to build cooperation and to the meet/exceed the business goals – provide the buyer(s) with staff and customer product feedback.
- Assume Manager-On-Duty responsibilities during specified shifts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive horticulture knowledge and exemplary customer service and sales skills.
- Able to model and evaluates key drivers behind new business concepts for the department and translate key drivers into a menu of clearly defined and well-communicated service offerings.
- Develops and organizes policies and procedures to ensure consistent, high-quality, cost-effective delivery of services.
- Able to effectively delegate and manage work and to define and assign tasks appropriately.
- Collaborates well with others – has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Is a fair and even-handed team leader.
- Shows consistent follow through. Develops and implements policies and procedures to improve workflow and performance.
- Thinks, performs and leads effectively in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Brings proactive attitude, positive energy, powerful multi-tasking skills and common sense to the position. Approaches work tasks and assignments with enthusiasm.
- At least 3-5+ years of landscape design/installation experience.
- 3+ years customer sales and management experience.
- Prior experience with plants (both indoor and outdoor) and container/garden design.
- Northwest horticultural or certification is desirable.
- Proficiency in Windows-based software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- BA or BS is preferred.
Molbak’s retail offices are located at our retail location in Woodinville, WA, which includes a standard office environment as well as an indoor/outdoor retail environment. Some exposure to variations in weather and temperature can be expected. The ability to work sitting, standing and walking for prolonged periods is required.
*Desire to live the brand, support the culture, & maintain a high level of energy & enthusiasm.
Policy: Comply with all company guidelines.
This job description is only a summary of typical functions and is not a complete list of possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Other duties as assigned by a manager.
How to Apply:
Via Email: Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
In-Store: See our Employment Kiosk in the Reception Area near Home and Gift