We seek a skilled and horticulturally trained collaborator and communicator who facilitates and manages daily on-site gardening operations while directing 1-2 gardeners. This individual is in the field 100% of the time, all weeks of the year.
Eligible candidates for the position must possess the following:
- -Minimum three to five years experience maintaining landscapes in the Puget Sound region.
- -Minimum two years experience leading a landscape maintenance crew on private residential projects.
- -Valid Washington State driver license.
- -Excellent knowledge of native and ornamental plants, current horticultural practices and pruning, and irrigation operation and maintenance.
- -Willingness to learn and grow with our company and be in the gardening profession long term.
- -A Plus: Degree from a Horticultural/Maintenance program / ORGANIC maintenance experience.
- -Able to lift heavy equipment / materials on intermittent basis.
- -Familiarity with gas powered machines.
- -Comfortable on a ladder for pruning. The job duties for the position include:
- -Defining tool and material needs for crew on a daily basis.
- -Day to day maintenance of residential & commercial landscape projects of various scales while also performing all types of labor.
- -Facilitating upkeep of equipment.
- -Following the determined aesthetic appearance of each project and corresponding approach to maintenance given by the Director of Gardening Operations.
- -Active involvement in the ongoing personal and professional development of themselves and maintenance crew personnel.
Only qualified, experienced candidates will be considered. References will be verified. A background check and drug test will be required. Qualified individuals for this position should email, fax, or mail a resume to: Nussbaum Group | 1100 N. 35th Street | Seattle, WA. 98103 | Fax: 206-545-0112