BENEFIT LEVEL: 3
JOB FUNCTION: Responsible for the follow through and quality of the cultural practices we are performing. This includes chemical applications, irrigation techniques, fertilizer rates, etc. Coordinates sprays, training and follow through of proper application techniques.
- Oversee the completion of weekly checks of the Priva Boxes.
- Coordinate and assist with tissue and soil sampling done by SunGro.
- Assist with GR trials.
- Assist with Phytotoxicity and Residue trials with Insecticides and Fungicides.
- Participate in daily scheduled GR walks with the Section Grower and Head Grower.
- Inventory, order, maintain chemicals and PPE.
- Responsible for month end chemical inventory and year end chemical inventory.
- Oversee pesticide applications, schedule, mixing, spray techniques, safe and timely completion.
- Coordinate, administer, and evaluate a biological control program in certain areas of the nursery as crops dictate.
- Scout crops for insect and disease pressure, reporting results to Head Grower.
- Supervise Sprayer Techs and assist with spray applications as needed.
- Fulfill WPS standards and compliance with aid and direction of the Head Grower.
- Keep records current and posted, including chemical sprays and drench applications.
- Maintain MSDS binder and pesticide label binder.
- Serve as an active member of the safety committee.
- Spray Plant Growth Regulators.
- Oversee weekly herbicide spot sprays.
- Schedule and apply pre-emergent herbicide applications.
- Abide by Smith Gardens Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing, in person, and via phone or radio with all levels of staff.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizing and planning skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities under pressure.
- Ability to work well with or without direct supervision
- Associate degree or equivalent technical certification
- Work long hours as needed during busy season, including weekends.
- Continuously walk, stand, bend, kneel (and remain working below knee-level) as well as reaching overhead, and from side to side for long periods of time.
- Work indoors and outdoors, in seasonal temperatures and conditions.
- Lift up to 50 pounds in an environment that is often hot
Apply online at www.smithgardens.com
6410 132nd Street NE • Marysville, WA 98271