Salary: DOE, plus comprehensive benefits package.
Responsibilities: Provide instruction in the Certificate in Holistic Landscape Design program. Manage administrative duties for the CHLD certificate program as assigned to include scheduling of courses, hiring of adjunct faculty, budget management, curriculum review and accreditation monitoring, course supply management, work study supervision and recruitment of students. Provide support to academic department for implementation of academic degree or certificate program as assigned. Communication with the Garden Supervisor and Assistant Gardener regarding project needs for the certificate program.
- Specific knowledge of subject matter in area of instruction preferably including permaculture training, botanical medicine training, food production background and/or biodynamic agriculture training.
- Knowledge of pertinent aspects of certificate program in terms of curriculum layout, required prerequisite knowledge and employment prospects.
- Ability to provide instruction at professional level in designated subject material.
- Ability to perform administrative duties as assigned.
- Basic accounting and record keeping and/or responsibility for one or two accounts within a budget.
- Assists in budget planning and/or tracking for a specific program or department. May plan/track a limited number of accounts within a budget.
- At least one year of experience providing instruction at appropriate level.
- Needs to be able to assist in development and delivery of program materials through direct instruction and administrative matters as needed.
- Must follow academic policies and procedures related to student affairs, grading, generation of course syllabus, etc.
Qualifications: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related field. A Master’s degree could qualify the applicant for a faculty position.
Please submit cover letter, resume and professional references via email only to: email@example.com; refer to job #14-038 and job title.