Hours per Week: 25 +
Wage/Salary: $12 / hr
Employment Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Description: Duties to include the following:
- Plant grooming
- Plant health monitoring
- Irrigation monitoring to ensure proper watering of containers and beds
- Planting and aftercare of new materials
- Cleaning of outdoor areas (sweeping, raking, scrubbing, etc.)
- Carrying and spreading mulch and soil
- Hauling debris for removal from properties
- Applicant may be asked to assist with:
- The installation of stone paving and landscape rock
- Minor repairs to irrigation systems
- The construction of outdoor structures (fences, gates, decks, trellises)
- Supervised pruning, only after close instruction
- Applicant must be willing to take and follow instruction, both written and verbal.
- Applicant must have at least one years experience working with plants in gardens and be actively engaged in Horticultural education.
- Applicant must tolerate all local climatic conditions, including winter weather.
- Applicant must be able to lift and carry up to 60lbs. repeatedly.
- Applicant must be honest and reliable, have a good work ethic, be able to work well with others and carry out instructions on their own.
- Applicant must appear neat, clean and well groomed at the beginning of each work day.
- Applicant must be able to continue working safely and effectively while carrying on any conversation/banter with workmates.
- Applicant must have and use e-mail since instructions/daily work schedules are frequently determined or changed the prior evening.
- Reliable transportation is required as our sites are situated in Bellevue & Seattle.
Application Instructions: Apply in writing via e-mail, outlining current status in education and practical horticultural experience. Resume and 2 references are required.