SEATTLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
invites applications for the position of:
Gardener-1.0-Facilities Area 3
An Equal Opportunity Employer SALARY: $33,862.00 - $37,981.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 10/29/13 CLOSING DATE: 11/05/13 05:00 PM
REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS: Cover letter and Resume
3 Letters of Recommendation are required.
Work performed under the direct supervision of Grounds Supervisor or designee, but without continual instructions. Performs various gardening and landscaping duties.
1. Performs various duties which include but are not necessarily limited to ground preparation, planting, transplanting, weeding, mowing, raking, fertilizing, sodding, pruning, mulching, general cleanup work, snow removal, and athletic field maintenance.
2. Operates small powered equipment which may include but is not limited to such items as lawn mowers, edgers, thatchers, spreaders, perforators, rototillers, rollers and chain saws.
3. Lifts and moves various objects and materials.
4. Provides minor maintenance and repair work for gardening tools and equipment.
5. May occasionally drive pickup or other small service trucks having either manual or automatic transmission.
6. Reports to supervisor when additional equipment is needed or when work may be hazardous.
7. Performs related duties as assigned.
Pesticide spraying as may occasionally be assigned to employees who possess a valid Washington State pesticide applicator's license.
Good physical fitness with capability of working out-of-doors during periods of inclement weather; ability to lift or move objects and materials weighing approximately 50 1bs.; experienced in the operation of small powered equipment of various types; ability to work from ladders and scaffolding; must possess valid Washington State driver's license; provide proof of public liability insurance if personal vehicle is used for School District business. Gardeners must provide their own transportation between and to school sites or job locations.
Terms of Employment:
Gardeners' salary schedule, full year, 8 hour day and 40 hour week, if full time, work at various locations. Seattle Public Schools provides Equal Educational Opportunity and Employment Opportunity without regard to race, creed, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, economic status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, families with children, honorably discharged veteran or military status, physical appearance, or mental, physical or sensory disability. The District complies with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations to include, but not limited to, Title IX, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, RCW 49.60 “The Law Against Discrimination,” and covers, but is not limited to, all District programs, courses, activities, including extra-curricular activities, services, access to facilities, etc. The Title IX Officer and 504 Coordinator with the overall responsibility for monitoring, auditing, and ensuring compliance with this policy is: Manager, Office of Equity and Compliance Officer, P.O. Box 34165, Mail Stop 33-157, Seattle, WA 98124-1165. Phone: (206) 252-0024. Individuals who believe they have been discriminated against in any of the District’s educational or employment activities can file an internal discrimination complaint with the District’s Office of Equity and Compliance.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
2445 3rd Ave South
Seattle, WA 98124-1165
GARDENER-1.0-FACILITIES AREA 3