The Herbfarm is a restaurant that serves 9-course, Chef-selected menus focused on local and seasonal ingredients. We have a 5-acre farm that grows for the Chef and display gardens where guests tour just before dinner.
This position would take lead, under Head Farmer/Gardener, in design of food related plantings of raised beds and surrounding public display gardens at The Herbfarm Restaurant site so gardens are presentable for guest viewing, weddings and tours at all times with representative planting of herbs & vegetables in current menu theme.
Responsibilities include coordinating with Willows Lodges' Dept of Natural Beauty to combine creativity and function along with but not limited to...
* Outdoor work in all types of weather-- hot, cold, wet, windy
* Weekend work required
* Hard, manual labor
* Tidiness and safety with tools & hoses in a public garden setting
* Daily interaction with cooks and guests
* The gardener will support the leadership at our 5 acre production farm operation
* Work on own and as leader of a team at farm and garden
* Daily care of livestock, beekeeping?
* Care and training of pet pigs
Qualifications Required: * 2+ years experience in commercial/public gardening preferably in the Pacific Northwest with vegetables, herbs & edible flowers and cottage garden perennials
* Raised bed and landscape design experience
* Strength--able to lift 30# repeatedly in the course of a day
* Physically capable--wheelbarrows, shoveling, hauling, bending, weeding, composting
* Understanding of IPM, biological soil and plant management and production gardening helpful
* Some knowledge but also willingness to learn about new plants and methods
Application Instructions: Visit our website for a full job description. Apply after reading with resume and cover letter.
Online Application Address: http://theherbfarm.com/contact/employment.html?PageStatus=ShowOne&thisIDX=1323242319501