Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide world class customer service in a friendly, proactive manner.
- Sell, Sell, Sell. Whole solutions, cross sales, up sales.
- Acquire and maintain product knowledge on all lines carried in the department.
- Assist in the set up and care of the department merchandising and display areas.
- Receive, unpack and organize back stock of product and supplies, maintaining a neat and orderly work area and maintain these areas
- Offer customers expert advice by referring them to the appropriate resource.
- Follow through and troubleshoot customer concerns and complaints.
- Maintain housekeeping levels to ensure cleanliness and safety standards.
- Support other departments as needed. Assist in cross-merchandising efforts
- Correctly and efficiently use all systems that directly apply to Cashiering (registers, radios, phones, paging).
- Assist customers with their purchases. Provide outstanding customer service.
- Build positive team relationships.
- Be an open, honest, and direct communicator.
- Demonstrate ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- Assist with implementing and following through of timely physical inventories.
- Assist with scheduled inventories and other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Communicating actively and in a timely manner with all relevant personnel.
- Coordinating with other departments when needed.
- Assist with training of other members of the department.
- Monitoring appropriate records such as stock transfer records, sales reports, production records, holiday reports and special orders.
- Attending applicable meetings as requested to communicate relevant information, strategy and new ideas.
- Mailing information in a timely manner to customers.
- Schedule deliveries and coordinate with drivers.
- Assist with scheduled inventories and other duties as assigned by the manager
- Accurately complete all required records and other related paperwork
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provide accurate information regarding prices, specials, discounts, and other selling information
- Ability to quickly and creatively problem-solve while maintaining a calm and friendly disposition.
- Proven ability to operate a cash register and/or other transaction machinery.
- Proven customer service skills in a retail environment.
- Ability to count and secure cash, receipts, coupons, and other transaction artifacts.
- Quickly and creatively problem-solve while maintaining a calm and friendly
- Ability to handle a large number of customers every day.
- Training or experience with providing outstanding customer service to the public.
- Experience on a POS system preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Able to work inside with exposure to extremes of weather & temperature.
- Able to work standing, bending, moving, or lifting up to 100% of the day.
Policy: Comply with all company guidelines.
This job description is only a summary of typical functions and is not a complete list of possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Other duties as assigned by a manager.
How to Apply:
Via Email: Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In-Store: See our Employment Kiosk in the Reception Area near Home and Gift