Hours per Week: 40
Wage/Salary: starting at $16.01/DOE
Employment Start Date: ASAP
Employment End Date : 90 days after start date
Job Description: Where you work matters! Swedish Medical Center is looking for a 1.0 FTE Groundskeeper to work a 3 month role, Day Shift for the Facility Management Department at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Groundskeeper's primary task is to maintain and enhance the gardens and campus grounds by using sound horticultural practices. Tasks will be carried out near staff and patient-occupied areas with a maximum of care and minimum of disruption to patients, visitors and staff. Other tasks may be assigned.
In this position you will:
• Maintain all outside public access and landscape beds.
• Monitor all irrigation systems
• Monitors for outside pests, plant diseases, and weeds, using appropriate Integrated Pest Management Practices (IPM) comply with Swedish’s IPM chemical use policy.
• High school diploma
• One year of experience or training involving grounds maintenance, plant care, landscape design and installation or equivalent education/experience
• Basic operational knowledge of the safety and use of all landscaping equipment
About the First Hill Campus The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
Application Instructions: Please apply at www.swedish.com/jobs
Online Application Address: http://swedish.jobs/seattle-wa/groundskeeper-facility-management-swedish-first-hill/5EADECDF5061443D9501F266FB5FA663/job/