Shall perform skilled work in the development and maintenance of grounds related structures and provide support to other grounds duties in a safe and efficient manner.
Designs, installs and maintains storm sewer systems. Installs and repairs such items as chain link fences and gates. Prepares areas to be asphalted; places preformed curbs, gravel parking lots, drives, walkways, designs and builds retaining walls, steps, and rockeries. Sands driveways and parking lots for slippery conditions.
Installs, repairs, and maintains various brands of play equipment, including basketball hoops and baseball backstops. Installs safety surfaces and builds timber boards around the play equipment. Fertilizes, thatches, and aerates athletic fields. Prepares ground for seeding. Modifies and develops landscape plantings. Trims and cuts down large trees, plants, and bushes. Controls pests (i.e., birds, weeds, rodents, insects and plant diseases.) Operates, diagnoses, and repairs irrigation systems including pumps and pipes. Maintains and makes minor repairs to sawdust hoppers, performs basic welding, installs signs, repairs concrete including pouring and finishing walkways. Drives dump truck to gravel pits, other suppliers and garbage dump sites. Restores baseball silt infields, cinder tracks, and sand/silt athletic fields to proper
grade. Installs high netting on baseball and play fields.
Operates and maintains grounds equipment and hand tools such as backhoe, front-end loader, tractor, trucks, dozer, welder, cutting torch, builder's level, jackhammer, concrete mixer, concrete and asphalt cutter, chipper (12” log capacity,), roto rooter, posthole digger (3-point hitch mount), generators, sprayers, water pumps, trencher, roto-hammer, chainsaws, circular and reciprocating saws, drills, trench tamper, packer (vibrator), highway sander, seeder, thatcher, spreader, aerator, street sweeper, and sewer jetter and any other grounds related equipment.
Accesses work orders via electronic work order system.
Serves as a member of the maintenance team of the school district; performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position as assigned.
The daily work is performed both inside and outside the buildings and on the building’s
grounds. The work requires walking two to six miles a day. The work at times will be erformed during night and in adverse weather conditions in hot, cold, rainy and snowy environments. The work is of a manual nature and requires the ability to walk, bend, stoop, crouch, climb, crawl, stand for long periods of time, twist, reach, push, and pull and use far and near visual acuity. At times the work is of a strenuous nature and the employee must be able to lift or pack weights up to 50 pounds unassisted to shoulder height using proper personal lifting procedures. Weights over 50 pounds will be
lifted with proper safety equipment and assistance.
The work may require the employee to work around asbestos, chemicals, hazardous materials, fumes, paints, dusts, electrical and mechanical equipment, confined space and fluid hazards, which requires the employee to follow all proper federal, state,
and local codes, safety policies and procedures, and the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) data information and to wear proper personal protection equipment. Work requires adherence to established dress guidelines, which includes provisions for safety. An employee may be required to work overtime or other shifts on short notice. Some positions may be required to work a swing shift or modified day shift. Regular attendance is required.
High school diploma or equivalent. Two years of grounds and/or related experience. School district experience preferred.
Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License
Possess or ability to obtain within six months from date of hire a valid Public Operator Pesticide License in categories OB and OC.
The current holders of a CDL will be required to maintain their CDL until the license is no longer required by the District.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Methods, practices, and materials used in the grounds maintenance and repair; safety procedures and practices.
Lead a work crew
Operate hand and power tools
Communicate effectively in writing and orally
Ability to use electronic communication and to use computerized work order system
Perform ground maintenance and repair tasks
Follow oral and written instructions
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
Work independently or as a team member
Ability to meet and maintain punctuality and attendance expectations
Performs all duties in accordance with all applicable Board policies and district and legal requirements
Landscape Laborer Akina Designs, LLC
is a West Seattle based, eco-friendly landscaping company passionate about the earth and providing the best of design, installation and maintenance services to the greater Seattle area. Our team is currently looking for a self-motivated, driven, and hard-working individual to join us as Landscape Laborer
.You will share our enthusiasm for plants, enjoy working outdoors, and take pride in providing our customers with exceptional service while having fun.
The position requires that applicants have at least 1 year experience in the landscaping field. Willingness and ability to communicate professionally with clients is necessary. We are an upbeat and positive team and look forward to adding new team members who are also like-minded.
- Basic Landscape Maintenance Knowledge
- Knowledge of proper planting and pruning techniques
- Weed Identification and Removal
- Installation/Maintenance of Irrigation & Drainage Systems
- Construction of stone/paver patios & walkways
- Valid WA driver's license
- Clean Driving Record
- Reliable Transportation to West Seattle
- Able to work from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, both beginning and ending in West Seattle
We work in a very fast-paced environment that can require large amounts of both physical and mental exertion. With this comes the need for an energetic and detail-oriented individual who is able to work effectively in both supervised and unsupervised situations. Both full and part-time positions are available. Start date is as soon as possible and pay is DOE.
To apply, please submit your resume and letter of interest detailing why you are our ideal candidate to: email@example.com
, no phone calls please.
Position: GARDENER/GROUNDSKEEPER/LANDSCAPER Job Description:
Intermediate to Experienced Gardener, to work on the gardens and grounds of a Large Eastside Property. What we need:
We are looking for an Intermediate to Experienced Gardener who takes initiative in their work, likes working in a team, and is knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Turf Maintenance
- Plant Identification and Care
- Pruning: Fruit Tree and Other
- Irrigation: Pipe Repair
- Pet and Weed Control
- Perennial Beds
- Tool Care
- Work Schedules
Honest, reliable, and strives for quality workmanship. Compensation:
The position is hourly and includes medical and savings benefits. Compensation shall be based on experience.
Contact: Resume and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cascadia Edible Landscapes (CEL) is looking to fill the following positions with experienced, skilled, committed, enthusiastic, energetic, humble, adaptable, flexible, and fun people. We ideally will fill these positions by December 21st, with various
start dates. Company retreat mandatory for manager level positions in
- Construction/Project Manager: 2 positions are available Click here for Application.
- (Contract) Designer/Project Manager: 2 positions are available.
- Click here for Application
- Marketing Manager (Rain-maker): Click here for Application.
- Maintenance Manager: Responsible for all maintenance contracts and crews. Plant identification experience a must. Willing to work in all conditions. No application available yet. Please send letter, resume, list of relevant skills, and 3 references to info at eatyouryard.com
- Marketing/Company representatives. Bright, cheery, out-going, reliable. No Application. Just willingness to learn and have a good attitude. Please send a letter/resume to info *at* eatyouryard.com
- Landscape General Laborer. 15-20 hours/week Jan and Feb 25-35 hours/week starting in March. Help with installations of all kinds. Must be willing to work in all kinds of weather, go with the flow, and have a positive attitude. $10-15/hour DOE to start. Repeated lifting of 50lbs. Possible moving up in the company for right individuals. There is no application, just send letter of introduction AND 3 references from past employers to info ‘at’ eatyouryard.com
Please send letter, resume, list of relevant skills, and 3 references
Full time Landscaping Position at Private Golf Course Position Description
The full-time Landscaping position assists the HeadHorticulturist in providing the Golf Course membership with professional looking flower beds, herb garden and seasonal displays. Compensation
$11-12 per hour Schedule
Hours are 6 am until 2 pm in summer and 7 am until 3 pm in winter months
Overtime and some split shifts required during tournament scheduling
Work a rotating weekend schedule Responsibilities
Meet with Head Horticulturist daily for updates and work assignments
Daily clean up of members parking lot and clubhouse area
Keep clubhouse and golf course flower beds weed free and professional looking
Water and fertilize annuals, containers and hanging baskets
Help water new trees planted in various places around golf course
Shear and prune a small number of shrubs and privacy hedging
Help seed, water and harvest in restaurant herb garden and green house
Mow clubhouse lawns
Miscellaneous projects Requirements
Previous landscape experience
Irrigation knowledge a plus
Weekend work- on a rotating schedule
Punctual, follows directions and is self motivated
Efficiently manages time
Attention to detail
Driver's License (ability to drive stick a plus) Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision
Uniform tops provided
Lunch provided Tuesday through Friday
Please email email@example.com
your resume or request for application
Please no unscheduled site visits
Living Earth Landscapes
is an established and successful landscaping company with an environmentally friendly focus. We specialize in high quality garden installations as well as serve a long-standing maintenance clientele with pruning, plant installation and other maintenance services.
We offer excellent health care benefits and paid time off within a positive working environment. There is potential for advancement with increasing experience and a long term career opportunity. During Spring, Summer and Fall we offer 4 ten hour days with Fridays off.
If you are interested, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to request an employment application. You can see more about our company at www.LivingEarthLandscapes.com
A WSDL is required for both these positionsIrrigation Foreman
Salary will be $17-$19 per hour, depending on experience
We currently have a full time, permanent position available for an experienced Irrigation/Landscape Foreman. This position requires extensive knowledge of all types of residential irrigation systems. A well rounded knowledge of landscaping would be greatly beneficial. If you are detail-oriented, reliable and enjoy working as part of a team, then consider joining us.
Experience in the following is required:
- Irrigation troubleshooting, repair and installation of all types of residential irrigation
Skills in the following are a plus:
- Low voltage lighting repair and installation
- Water feature repair and installation
- Basic carpentry skills
- Pavers and flagstone
- Retaining walls and rock work
- Plant pruning and cultivation
- Soil preparation, grading and planting Landscape Maintenance Foreman
Salary will be $17-$19 per hour, depending on experience
- Plant identification, pruning and cultivation
- Soil preparation and planting
- Client liaison - must be able to discuss with each Client their particular
requirements, keep records and make follow up contact
Skills in the following are a plus, but not essential:
- Irrigation adjustment, repair and installation
- Pavers and flagstone work
- Retaining walls and rock work
- Water features
- Basic carpentry
In Harmony Sustainable Landscapes No of Openings:
M-FHours per Week:
• Health, dental, and vision benefits after 6 months.
• Paid vacation after 1 year. Employment Start Date:
ASAP *Job Description:
In Harmony offers a complete organic based lawn and plant health care program to clients in Seattle and the eastside. Our services concentrate on educating clients and providing quality landscapes without the use of harmful products. Primary Responsibilities:
• Monitor and diagnose insect, disease, physiological and cultural conditions for lawns, trees, and plants.
• Select most appropriate products and apply products safely.
• Communicate with clients about their landscapes in a clear and professional manner.
• Keep safety a priority in all job duties. *Qualifications Required:Position Requirements:
• Ability to obtain Washington State Pesticide Operators License within first two weeks of hire.
• Excellent driving record and Washington State Driver’s License
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work independently and be self-directed.
• Must have a positive "CAN DO" attitude.
• Knowledge of NW plants and lawn care desired. Other responsibilities:
• Maintain accurate records of daily work and entry of daily work in database.
• Keep service truck neat and orderly on a daily basis.
• Taking proper care of all work equipment and notify the supervisor if equipment needs attention.
• Always keep safety a priority in all job duties and utilize safety equipment provided. Qualifications Preferred:
The ideal candidate will be technically proficient in the identification and care of landscape plants of the Pacific Northwest. Particular attention to detail is required for observation and identification of pest and disease problems. *Application Instructions:
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
. Contact Information
23622 Bothell Everett Highway
Bothell, WA 98021 Phone:
425-486-2180 ext 101 Fax:
425-486-2185 Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: www.inharmony.com
Small landscape maintenance company seeks dependable, motivated, quality minded, experienced individual for PT opportunity.
MININUM 3 YEARS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING, preferable working at hight end estates that require meticulous grooming and attention to detail.
Must have excellent plant knowledge, pruning experience and the ability to run power equipment.
Please send resume to email@example.com